Skip to content


Your cart is empty

Article: Top 10 Reasons Why Pima Cotton Is Perfect for Your Baby

Top 10 Reasons Why Pima Cotton Is Perfect for Your Baby

Top 10 Reasons Why Pima Cotton Is Perfect for Your Baby

Cotton has been a staple in the textile industry for centuries, and its different types offer varied benefits. However, when it comes to baby clothing, Pima cotton stands out as the clear winner due to its superior quality, durability, and softness.

The 10 Reasons Pima Cotton is Perfect for Babies.



Superb Absorbency

Pima cotton's excellent absorbency makes it ideal for handling tricky baby spills. It's perfect for keeping your baby dry and comfortable.

Longer and Stronger

As an extra-long-staple cotton, Pima cotton is more durable and resists pilling, extending its lifespan up to 50% longer than other types of cotton. It remains soft, strong, and looks as good as new, even after multiple washes.


Pima cotton is environmentally friendly, as it's both biodegradable and can be dyed using non-toxic processes. The eco-friendly approach at LydaBaby extends to all components of our clothing, from zippers to buttons.


Temperature Regulation and Hypoallergenic

Pima cotton can help regulate your baby's body temperature, keeping them comfortable in various climates. Moreover, it's hypoallergenic, reducing the risk of allergic reactions.

Superior Growing Conditions in Peru

The northern coastal valleys of Peru provide ideal conditions for Pima cotton. The resulting cotton is incredibly soft, lustrous, and possesses a rich sheen.


Ideal for Onesies, Footies, Dresses, and Pajamas

With its durability, comfort, and ease of maintenance, Pima cotton is perfect for a range of baby clothes. These include not just onesies, but also footies, dresses, and pajamas. These items require a soft, comfortable, and hypoallergenic fabric like Pima cotton to ensure your baby's comfort and health.

Unrivaled Comfort and Softness

Thanks to its extra-long staple length, Pima cotton offers unrivaled comfort and softness, making it perfect for your baby's sensitive skin.


Resistant to Pilling and Wrinkling

Pima cotton is highly resistant to pilling and wrinkling, making it ideal for active babies who often put their clothes through rough usage.

Simple Care and Maintenance

Despite its luxurious texture, Pima cotton baby clothes are easy to care for. They can withstand regular machine washing and drying cycles without losing their quality.

Long-Lasting Investment

While Pima cotton might cost more upfront, its longevity and durability make it a cost-effective investment in the long run.

What is Pima Cotton?

The Different Types of Cotton

Cotton comes from two different species of plants. Upland cotton is the most common, making up nearly 90% of all cotton produced worldwide. The remaining 10% is composed of extra-long-staple cottons like Egyptian or Pima, which are renowned for their strength and softness.

Origins and Primary Growing Regions of Pima Cotton

Pima cotton, like its Egyptian counterpart, belongs to the same scientific family - Gossypium barbadense. It primarily grows in the United States, Peru, Israel, and Australia.

Recognizing Genuine Pima Cotton

Identifying real Pima cotton can be tricky. Labels might often be misleading, and touch tests are not foolproof. A genuine Pima cotton product feels exceptionally smooth, a testament to its luxurious texture.


The Ethical Production Process at LydaBaby

At LydaBaby, we place a premium on ethics. Our Pima cotton is sourced from Peru and manufactured through an artisan process. We ensure the high quality of our babywear products while supporting our workforce, primarily composed of mothers, who understand the value of quality and comfort for babies.

Pima cotton, with its numerous advantages, is undoubtedly the best choice for your baby's clothing. Whether it's the absorbency, durability, eco-friendliness, or sheer comfort, Pima cotton checks all the boxes when it comes to babywear.

Read more

Baby in Pima cotton onesie resting on white bed blanket
Baby clothing

Guide to Peruvian Pima Cotton Baby Clothes

Peruvian Pima cotton is renowned for its exceptional quality and is widely considered one of the finest cotton varieties in the world. In this guide, we explore why Peruvian Pima cotton is ideal fo...

Read more
Pima Cotton vs. Organic Cotton: Which is the Better Choice?
Pima cotton

Pima Cotton vs. Organic Cotton: Which is the Better Choice?

Discover the differences and benefits of Pima Cotton and Organic Cotton. Uncover the advantages of Pima Cotton and why it might be the perfect pick.

Read more